Tempcover Limited (‘Tempcover’ and ‘we/us/our’) is committed to ensuring that your information is used and kept securely in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) reform; which came into effect on 25th May 2018.Tempcover Limited are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration number ZA178918.
3. Who is responsible for your personal data?
4. What personal information will we collect from you?
- Contact information including but not limited to:your first name ,last name and details of any changes to your name, your residential address, email address and phone number.
- Applicant information including but not limited to: your curriculum vitae (CV) and/or covering letter, links to your LinkedIn profile if applicable, education, previous and/or relevant work experience, your desired salary, how you came to know about the vacancy and any other information you provide to us in support of your application.
- Employment information including but not limited to: current employment information including your current notice period, current salary and other terms relating to your employment such as pension contributions and details of other compensatory benefits, willingness to relocate or travel for work and any other desired job preferences.
- Sensitive and demographic information may include but not limited to: information relating to your citizenships and/or nationality and/or your right to work in the UK and immigration stats. This is obtained in accordance with applicable law during the application and recruitment process. Work permit details will only be requested and processed if required based on your personal circumstances at your time of application. Information about your health, including any medical needs or conditions that an employer would reasonably need to be made aware of.
- Due to the nature of our business, we will also ask you to confirm your driving entitlement and ask you to declare whether you have any current driving endorsements or convictions on your licence.
- We will also ask you to confirm details of any criminal convictions or county court judgements you may hold.
- Interview information including but not limited to: accessibility needs so that the business may accommodate you for in-person interviews, information collected during interviews in-person, over the phone and via video conferencing.
- Reference information including but not limited to: information relating to any previous applications you may have made to Tempcover and/or any previous employment history with Tempcover.
5. For which purpose do we process your personal information?
We will process your personal information for the following purposes:
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process and/or your application for employment.
- Assess your skills, experience, qualifications and suitability against the vacancy for which you have applied to check that you’re the right candidate for the role.
- As permitted by applicable law, verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks including DBS and credit checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job.We may use a third party to conduct these checks. We will obtain your consent before doing so.
- Assist you with applying for and obtaining a work permit or visa where required.
- Making improvements to Tempcover’s application and/or recruitment process.
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, and legal processes.
- Support our efforts in creating a diverse and inclusive work environment.
6. What is our legal basis for collecting and processing your personal data?
7. How your personal information is collected
If you are applying for a job directly through the Tempcover Careers page we will collect your personal information directly from you. If your application is successful, Tempcover might also collect information about you from third parties. These include:
- Former employers and people named by you as references until Tempcover has obtained your last 6years’ worth of employment history.
- Credit Reference Agencies
- The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Conducting any other background checks (where applicable) including evidence of your right to work in the UK and immigration status.
8. How is your personal information shared?
If you are successful in your application for employment at Tempcover, we may pass your details to third parties for pre-employment identity verification purposes. We ensure that these third parties handle your information with care and that they too comply with the GDPR. If you are successfully recruited, we will upload your details to our HR system. As a member of staff you will sign a contract of employment and agree to additional terms on how your data is handled and stored.When third parties are given access to your personal data in line with the above, we take required contractual and organisational measures to ensure that your personal data is processed only to the extent that such processing is necessary. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties will only process your personal data in accordance with those measures and applicable laws.We may share your data with third parties as permitted by applicable law.
9. How is your personal information stored?
Tempcover ensures, as far as possible, appropriate and adequate business systems and procedures are in place to protect and safeguard your information, to prevent unauthorised access to, and the misuse of, your personal information. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data stored on our servers. Only authorised staff are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers which are hosted by an ISO Accredited Data Centre supplier. The Data Centre do not pass your data outside of the UK.
10. How long will we retain your personal data?
If your application is successful: Personal information which may include the personal data provided by you during the application and recruitment process will become part of your personnel file. All personal data we retain as part of your personnel file will be subject to our internal retention policy for Tempcover employees. If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal data we process about you, please contact us via the contact details included in section 12. If your application is not successful: If, regrettably, your application is not successful, Tempcover will retain your personal data up to a maximum period of 12 months after your most recent application. Please contact Tempcover via the contact details included in section 11should you wish to have your personal data removed from our systems sooner.Following rejection of the job application, Tempcover may ask for your consent to store your personal data for a longer period should we feel your application may be suited to a future vacancy.
11. Your Rights
- Put your request in writing; either by email [email protected] or letter with the subject heading of the request you are making;
- Specify the personal data you want access to, want to restrictor are requesting we amend or delete.
For all data requests, we will respond within one month of receipt of your request.You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information or to exercise any of the other rights. However, if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive we may:
- charge a reasonable fee
- refuse the request
In some cases we will need some information to confirm your identity. This is to ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to someone who has no right to access it.
12. How can you contact us
Tempcover uses cloud based servers and applications to process your Personal Information. Tempcover maintains written security management policies and procedures to safeguard your data.