We are seeking an Experienced Senior Underwriter to join our team of product & pricing specialists. The role will be instrumental in working with the development teams to deliver new products and feature enhancements. The key driver of this role is to deliver relevant products in a way that makes it simple for the consumer to access and understand, removing any unnecessary hurdle from the journey. The successful candidate will report to our Chief Product Officer and will be offered the opportunity to make a real contribution to the continued growth of our company.
- Work with the Chief Product Officer to clearly define and scope product requirements
- Delivering new products to the market
- Leading projects aimed at improving our anti-fraud capabilities.
- Working with our Partnerships team to deliver new product solutions
- Liaising with our panel of Insurers to ensure we maximise opportunities for quotability and conversion
- Participate & lead in project kick-off meetings, offering suggestions and timeframes
- Communicate the status of your work in progress and planned work in daily stand-up meetings
Skills and Experience
• At least three years’ experience in an underwriting role
• Experience in Defining and scoping new product requirements.
• Strong verbal & written Communication skills
• Proactive, innovative & largely self-reliant
• Good risk evaluations skills
• Ability to build and sustain effective relationships both internally and externally
• A thorough understanding of Insurance distribution, how products are sold and administered, and the
relationship between manufacturer and distributor
• Experience of the following would be beneficial but not essential – RADAR, Microsoft Office Suite. Power BI, Agile software development principles