Reporting to the Technical Lead, each engineer plays an integral role in the development, delivery, maintenance, and support of our insurance-based systems, both public-facing and internal. We’re recruiting for multiple roles at all levels of experience, if you’re someone who wants to join a thriving business that rewards a can-do attitude and loves what you do, please get in touch.
Focussing primarily on the systems owned by the team, software engineers are tasked with contributing to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from design to delivery and ongoing support and maintenance.
- Iteratively develop new application features to improve our products.
- Write code that follows our patterns and practices and fit for purpose.
- Build functionality that is extensible.
- Take part in peer reviews with your colleagues, offering advice and taking on board suggestions to share knowledge.
- Identify issues and their underlying causes and clearly communicate them.
- Participate in project kick-off meetings, offering suggestions and timeframes.
- Communicate the status of your work in progress and planned work in daily stand-up meetings.
- Participate in retrospective meetings offering constructive feedback and highlighting successful processes to continue to improve the running of projects.
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude.
- Blur the lines between development and testing, contributing to the automation of testing of features built.
Skills and Experience
At least three years’ experience developing web applications using most of the following:
- Entity Framework
- MS SQL
- SOLID principles
- Web API
As well as:
- Degree level qualification in computer science or similar.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Experience using Azure DevOps.
- A good eye for detail with regards UI and UX.
- Familiarity working within a SCRUM agile development environment.
- A good understanding of development methodologies and design patterns.
- The ability to investigate issues and both define and follow through on their resolution.
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Have been working within a Microservices environment.
- Container orchestration with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Automating Build deployment process using Microsoft DevOps
- Worked within an Azure based infrastructure.