What to do if you need to make a claim
Some useful tips and advice should the worst happen
In the unfortunate event of an accident or incident involving your vehicle, our dedicated claims handling team are here to help.
Call us – 0333 241 3392
What happens next?
Our dedicated claims handling team will explain everything you need to know about making a claim and guide you through the process step by step.
If the accident was not your fault, they’ll collect details of the claim, and if applicable, arrange repairs and a replacement vehicle so you’re back on the road in no time.
They can even help you reclaim uninsured losses such as your excess, and if you are injured during the accident we will support you to claim for personal injury.
What to do immediately after the accident
- Stop at the scene – remember it’s an offence not to stop
- Turn on your hazard lights
- Check that everyone in the vehicle is safe and if anyone is injured, call an ambulance
- Keep calm and swap your details with the other parties involved
- Remember to take lots of photos, showing the damage to each vehicle, the registration numbers, the position of the vehicles and any road markings or signage
- Don’t apologise or admit responsibility at the scene or afterwards when speaking with the other party
- Take the details of anyone who witnessed the accident too.
- Call us as soon as you can – especially if you need the vehicle to be recovered