19,410 Reviews

Trust pilot 19,410 reviews
Get a quote

Who we cover – eligibility

Who we cover

We cover drivers who wish to be insured to drive a vehicle for a short period of time for reasons such as:

  • You wish to share a long drive
  • You need to borrow someone else’s car
  • You want to drive your mum/dad’s car whilst home from university
  • Your car is being fixed so you need to borrow someone else’s car
  • You’re buying a new vehicle and want to collect it and get it home before arranging an annual policy
  • You need to drive a different vehicle e.g. a van to move house
  • You need to collect an impounded vehicle
  • You are learning to drive

Eligibility criteria

  • You must be aged between 17 and 78 years old
  • You must hold a UK driving licence, an EU driving licence or a UK provisional driving licence
  • You must have been a permanent UK resident for the last 12 months or a British expatriate who has previously been a permanent resident of the UK
  • You must have no more than 7 licence points in the last 3 years
  • You must not have been disqualified from driving for the last 2 years
  • You must have no more than 2 fault claims in the last 3 years
  • You must have no criminal convictions, a current Anti-Social Behaviour Order (ASBO) or Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO)
  • You must not have had a previous policy of insurance declared void by an insurer
  • The minimum vehicle value is £1,500 and the maximum claim for a vehicle is capped at £65,000 depending on the insurer chosen
  • The vehicle must be in a roadworthy condition with a current and valid MOT (unless you are using the insurance policy to take the vehicle to a pre-booked MOT)
  • The vehicle must be taxed (unless you are using the insurance policy to obtain tax for the vehicle immediately after purchase)

Please be aware that each insurer on our panel has their own eligibility criteria and so you should pay close attention to their Proposer’s Declaration

What we don’t cover:

  • No vehicle modifications allowed (except for those designed to aid disabled drivers)
  • Left hand drive cars (we do insure left hand drive motorhomes)
  • Cars with more than 8 seats in total
  • Commercial vehicles with more than 5 seats in total
  • Use for hire or loan vehicles (i.e. vehicle rentals, vehicle salvage/recovery agents, credit hire vehicle/companies and accident management companies)
  • Use for hire and reward, racing, pace-making, speed testing, commercial travelling or use for any purpose in relation to the motor trade
  • Use for carrying hazardous goods or use at a hazardous location
  • Vehicles declared as SORN
  • International driving licences