- "You/you": In the case of Agents, "You/you" means the intermediary holding the agency. In the case customers dealing with us direct, "You/you" means the Policyholder and where applicable any additional drivers. "The Company", "We", "Us", "Our" are all terms referring to Tempcover Ltd.
- These are the General Trading Terms of Tempcover Ltd. Please read these Trading Terms carefully. Your use of our Website will be subject to these Trading Terms. When you access and use our site, you agree to the Trading Terms. If you do not wish to adhere to the Trading Terms, you should not use our site.
- Reverse engineer or de-compile (whether in whole or in part) any software at the Website (save to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law).
- Disclose, publish, transfer or otherwise make available any of the contents of the Website or information learned by you whilst using the Website without prior written consent.
- Enter those parts of the Website that are protected by password unless you have a valid password.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right notices contained in material on the Website.
- Make copies, modify or alter (including the creation of HTML links to or from the Website) all or any part of the Website or any materials contained on the Website without prior written agreement.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit, information or pictures that are obscene or pornographic, threatening, menacing, racist, offensive, defamatory, libellous, slanderous or are otherwise unlawful on the Website.
- Hack into, deliver viruses or forward chain letters, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or engage in any other behaviour intended to inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Website or is otherwise likely to damage or destroy the reputation of the Website.
These are the General Trading Terms of Tempcover Ltd. Please read these Trading Terms carefully. Your use of our Website will be subject to these Trading Terms. When you access and use our site, you agree to the Trading Terms. If you do not wish to adhere to the Trading Terms, you should not use our site.
- The Website (including the software used to operate it) and the trademarks used in connection with the Website are owned by us. You are not granted any right or interest in these except as stated in these terms. We reserve the right to block access to the Website of any user at any time, either temporarily or permanently, if we deem in our absolute discretion that it is reasonable to do so.
- We are an insurance intermediary and provide insurance products for our customers.
- We act as an Independent Intermediary and are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). This can be checked on the FCA website, www.fca.org.uk/register, or by phoning them on 0845 606 1234. In respect of collection of any money we act as agents for the Insurer. In the case of Agents, you are responsible for any advice you give.
- We conform to the FCA Rules in respect of Professional Indemnity Insurance and maintain cover in accordance with those Rules.
- Please refer to the specific Privacy Statement on the tempcover.com website.
The information you supply will be kept confidential to us and our associated and/or subsidiary companies and the Insurers with whom we deal, save or unless we are required by law to make any disclosure. We have taken care to protect any information that you provide to us. We have used encryption methods to keep your personal information and credit or debit card account details as secure as possible.
To prevent fraud and to ensure that we provide our customers with the most competitive quotations, we carry out identity checks for every quotation which we issue. This will not affect your credit history but a note of the check may be recorded.
If you are an agent then your agent login and password is unique and this helps us to protect your information. Agents will need their agent login and password to access their information on the website. Agents should therefore not disclose either their Agent login or password to anyone. We will accept no responsibility or liability if a third party obtains and uses any agency login or password. Agents must tell us immediately if they have lost their agency login or password, or if they believe a third party may have obtained either of them.
- Our products are available to UK residents and depending on the insurer cover may also be available for overseas visitors, excluding residents of the USA, Canada and Australia. By completing a request for a quotation and ticking the relevant box on the Proposers Declaration, you confirm that you comply to these conditions. The content of the site and the products and services offered by us comply with appropriate UK legislation and regulation.
- All answers on any documentation and any other statements made to us, howsoever made, are your responsibility. Due to the short term nature of our policies, changes and additions are not available once the policy has been taken out.
- It is the Proposer's/Policyholder's responsibility, as a matter of Law, to provide complete and accurate information to The Company/Insurer when a policy is taken out and throughout the life of the policy. All statements included in proposal forms, statements of fact, claim forms and other documents whether completed electronically or otherwise, must be full and accurate. Any matters or information which might influence the acceptability or otherwise of the proposal for insurance or the continuance of it must be disclosed at the earliest opportunity. If there is failure to disclose any material information then the insurance may not cover the Policyholder properly or may not operate at all. If you are unsure about any matter you should contact us for assistance. You are advised to keep copies of all documents or correspondence that you send to us for your own protection. If you provide information about other people, then it is your responsibility to check the accuracy of that information and that other people have given you permission to give their information to us.
- A sample of the policy is available for you/the Policyholder, any visitor to the site to download from the site. Please read it carefully as it is that document along with the policy schedule and any certificate of insurance or written agreement that is the basis of the cover purchased. If there is any doubt over any of the terms or conditions, please seek our advice promptly.
- The Company reserves the right to make charges for the arranging of any policy of insurance. These charges will always be clearly identified and shown separately. The Company makes a non-refundable charge (amount specified on the relevant documentation) for the issue of any policy. Administration fees will be identified separately. The Company also reserves the right to make a further charge should any payment default (cheques, credit cards, direct debit or any other method of payment). Any charges made on defaulting payments will be notified to the Policyholder. In the event of any cancellation or voidance of a policy, irrespective of any period of unexpired cover, there will be no return of premium allowed. There is no cooling off period allowed under contracts of less than a 1 month duration.
- All transactions are completed on-line and you should not proceed to the payment screen and then authorise payment if you do not wish us to collect money from you. Quotations are valid and guaranteed only for the period of the Internet session between your point of access and ours.
- If the Policyholder has occasion to claim on the policy we must be notified promptly. We will issue any necessary documentation and pass all details to your Insurer. Liability must not be admitted nor any course of action agreed to until confirmation of such action from the Insurer is received. Notification to us does not constitute notification to the Insurer.
- It is always our intention to provide a first class standard of service. However, if you have any cause for complaint you should in the first instance contact the Customer Service & Compliance Manager of The Company at the address on the information page. Within 5 working days we will either deal with the complaint or advise you in writing the action we are taking and the time scale within which we will deal with the matter. The maximum time you will have to wait is eight weeks. If you are still not satisfied you may at any time contact the Managing Director of The Company who will consider the complaint. You may at any time contact the Insurer/Delegated Authority Holder direct if the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction. The appropriate address and telephone number is set out in the policy documentation. The Company is a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service, and if you are not happy with the final outcome of your complaint, you may contact them, within six months of the final response, at Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR. Tel no. 020 7964 1000. Email email@example.com
- We reserve the right to retain Certificates of Insurance and any other documentation until any payments due under the policy have been cleared through our bank account.
- Under Data Protection legislation you have the right to see personal information about you that we hold in our records. If you have any queries please write to the Managing Director of the Company at the address on the information page. We may make a charge for the provision of this information. Telephone calls may be recorded for evidentiary and training purposes. We may use the information you provide us to inform you about services that we offer which we believe may be of interest to you. If you do NOT wish us to use the information you provide for marketing purposes, please write to the Development Department at The Company address on the information page. In the case of Agents: We will not use information which we hold about your clients for marketing purposes without your permission.
Information relating to your insurance is added to the MID, which is managed by the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB). Tempcover uses its best endeavours to submit
your policy and vehicle information as soon as our systems allow, and as a minimum, within the timescales required by the MID. The MID and the data stored on
it may be used by certain statutory and/or authorised bodies including the Police, the DVLA, the DVANI, the Insurance Fraud Bureau and other bodies permitted
by law for purposes not limited to but including:
- Electronic Licensing
- Continuous Insurance Enforcement;
- Law enforcement (prevention, detection, apprehension and or prosecution of offenders)
- The provision of government services and or other services aimed at reducing the level and incidence of uninsured driving.
If you are involved in a road traffic accident (either in the UK, the EEA or certain other territories), insurers and or the MIB may search the MID to obtain relevant information.
Persons (including his or her appointed representatives) pursuing a claim in respect of a road traffic accident (including citizens of other countries) may also obtain relevant information which is held on the MID.
It is vital that the MID holds your correct registration number. If it is incorrectly shown on the MID you are at risk of having your vehicle seized by the Police. You can check that your correct registration number details are shown on the MID at www.askmid.com.
- Tempcover Ltd reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice to remove or cease to supply any product of service contained on this Website. In the event that such removal takes place we shall not be liable to you in any way whatsoever for such removal. Applications for Products and Services: Prices, and details of products and services (and any offers) posted online are subject to change without notice. All products and services are subject to availability and we give no guarantee in this regard. The provision of details of products and services on this Website are not, and should not be construed as, an offer to sell or buy such products or services by the relevant company. The company advertising the products and services concerned may accept or reject your offer at its sole discretion.
The copyright in the material contained in this Website belongs to Tempcover Ltd or its licensed source. We may give permission for any person to copy any part of this material,
subject to the following conditions:
- The material may not be used for any commercial purposes.
- The copies must retain any copyrights or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material.
- The products and technology or processes described in this Website may be subject to other intellectual property rights reserved by Tempcover Ltd or by other third parties (and no licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights).
- Images on this Website are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the written permission of their respective owner(s).
Anyone wishing to copy any part of the site or any material contained therein should contact us for prior permission.
- It is a requirement of any transaction with The Company that the Agent complies with the Terms of Business Agreement between the Company and the Agent. In the event of conflict between anything contained within these General Trading Terms and the TOBA, then the TOBA shall be read as the overriding document.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions of use at any time by posting changes on the Website. It is your responsibility to review the Website terms and conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of our latest terms and conditions of use. Your use of this Website after a change has been posted will be deemed to signify your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions. We recommend that you print off and retain for your records a copy of these terms and conditions of use from time to time and a copy of any terms and conditions of use relating to any product or service which you apply for on-line, together with any related application and/or proposal form duly completed and submitted to us (and received by us). Any amendment to any terms and conditions of use must be agreed in writing by us, or, if appropriate, by the relevant company with whom you contract.
- Whilst we have taken care in the preparation of the contents of this Website, this Website and the information, names, images, pictures, logos, icons regarding or relating to us or any of our Group and/or associated and/or sister companies, or the products and services of the same (or to third party products and services), are provided on an "as existing" basis without any representation or endorsement being made and without any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to, any implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, all such terms and warranties are hereby excluded. In no event will we and/or our group, sister or associated companies be liable (whether in contract or tort, including negligence or breach of statutory duty or otherwise) for any losses sustained and arising out of or in connection with use of this Website including, without limitation, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of data or special loss. We do not represent that the information contained in this Website is accurate, comprehensive, verified or complete, and shall accept no liability for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in the Website or for any reliance placed by any person or party (including but not limited to any third party) on the information contained herein. We do not warrant that the functions or materials accessible from or contained in this Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that this Website or the server that makes it available are virus or bug free or represent the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials. If any of these Terms and Conditions of Use (or any terms and conditions relating to a product or service referred to in this Website) should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws or any state or country in which such terms and conditions of use are intended to be effective, then to the extent of such illegality, invalidity or un-enforceability, and in relation to such state or country only, such terms or conditions of use shall be deleted and severed from the rest of the relevant terms and conditions of use and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
- Headings used in these terms and conditions of use are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
- We make no representation that any product or service referred to on the Website is appropriate for use, or available in other locations. The information and other materials contained in this Website may not satisfy the laws of any other country and those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable. The phone numbers provided only apply to phone calls made from within the UK. These Terms and Conditions and any terms and conditions of use relating to products or services described in this Website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising in relation to the same shall, unless otherwise expressly agreed, be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Certain (hypertext) links may lead you to Websites that are not under the control of Tempcover Ltd. When you activate any of these links, you will leave our Website and we have no control over and will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of the material on any such other Website. By allowing links with third party Websites we do not intend to solicit business or offer any security to any person in any country, directly or indirectly.
- If you apply for any product or service detailed on this Website, these Terms and Conditions of use should be read in conjunction with any other terms and conditions of use which relate to any such product or service and, in the event of any contradiction between these Terms and Conditions of use and the specific terms and conditions relating to such produce or service, the latter shall prevail. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions of use, product(s) and service(s) shall include, without limitation, any insurance or financial service.
- The images, logos and names on this Website identify Tempcover Ltd. Nothing contained in this Website shall be deemed to confer on any person any licence or right on the part of the companies mentioned above or any third party with respect to any such image, logo or name.