Any information that you provide on this website is controlled by Tempcover Limited.
Tempcover Limited is a company registered in the UK with company number 044347445 and registered office at Fyfe House, St James Road, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 3QH.
If you have any queries about the information we hold about you, please contact us.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following information about you ("Your Information").
Information that you provide when you visit our site, register for and use our online services, become a subscriber, request a quote or apply for any other product or service.
Information that you provide to our partners, brokers and affiliates where you have consented to that information being passed to us.
Information you provide to us when you contact us by email, SMS, telephone or letter.
Information that we collect about you from documents that are available to the public, such as the electoral register, or from third parties such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
Information you provide if you report a problem with our site or if you contact us and request assistance when using our site.
Details of your visits to our site including but not limited to traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
How we use your information
We use your information in the following ways:
- to contact you and any person referred to by you in connection with your application or enquiry;
- to process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you;
- to identify a product provider and arrange for the provision of products and services requested by you;
- to communicate with you about products and services provided to or requested by you;
- to update our records;
- to analyse trends and profiles and carry out assessment and analysis (including credit and/or behaviour scoring, market and product analysis);
- for audit purposes;
- to carry out customer satisfaction research;
- to prevent or detect fraud;
- to provide you or to permit selected third parties to provide you with products or offer you services that we or they believe will be of interest to you where you have consented to be contracted for such purposes; [by email, telephone or sms]
- to meet our regulatory compliance and reporting obligations
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- to develop and improve our services to you and notify you about changes to our services
- to enable third parties to carry out any of the above purposes on our behalf.
Sharing of Your Information
We may share Your Information with third parties in the following ways:
- We sometimes use agents and service providers to process your information on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to maintain our IT systems. Where we use agents and service providers to process your information, we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to safeguard your information.
- We will release your personal information when we are required to do so for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings.
- We may give information we hold about you to third parties as part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses.
- Where you have given your permission, during the quote process, we will pass your information to carefully selected third parties so that they can contact you (by SMS, telephone or email) about products or services that they think may interest you. You can opt out from receiving marketing at any time by contacting us.
- Your information may be passed to credit reference, fraud prevention, law enforcement agencies and identity and address verification agencies who may record and use your information and disclose it to other organisations for credit reference, debt tracing, fraud and money laundering prevention purposes.
- We may transfer your information to our partners, brokers or third parties (e.g. insurers) for the purposes of assessing and processing your application.
- We may also share your information with associated companies within our group.
- If false or inaccurate information is provided, including in relation to a person's identity and fraud is suspected or identified, details about this information, including customer Personal Data, will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent and detect crime, fraud and money laundering, for example when: recovering debt; checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance.
Where We store Your Information
In some circumstances your information may be transferred to, stored and processed by us or a service provider or third party with whom we share your information in another country including countries outside the European Economic Area such as the US, where data protection safeguards may not be as high as they are in the UK. If this occurs we will ensure that adequate procedures are put into place to protect your Information.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user name, passcode and memorable word which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this user name, passcode and memorable word confidential. You must not to share these with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where you have agreed that we may do so, we may contact you by phone, post, email or SMS to tell you about our services, products, offers, events and promotions. We may also share your information with third parties to enable them to contact you with marketing messages detailing their products and services.
You have the right to ask us not to contact you or share your information for marketing purposes by contacting us by post at Tempcover Limited, Fyfe House, St James Road, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 3QH.
You may correct errors in or update your information or request that we remove information about you from our records by sending us a request to the postal address or email address above. In most cases we will comply promptly with your request and let you know when we have done so. However, sometimes we will not be obliged to comply with your request. If this is the case we will inform you of our decision and the reasons for that decision.
To protect your privacy and the security of your information, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before we act on any request which you may make in respect of your information.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
If you still have any concerns about privacy please contact us via our online contact service.
Our Google analytics advertising cookie allows us to collect information about our website traffic so we can make sure our products meet the needs of our customers for example; demographic information and information about your interests and location. We do not use this information to identify you personally. You can opt out by changing your Ads settings, Ad settings for mobile apps or any other available means (for example NAI's consumer opt-out). You can also use Google's own opt out which can be found here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
You can find out more about how Google uses your data by clicking here http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
We operate and are registered in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. By disclosing your personal information to us using this website or over the telephone or fax, you consent to the collection, storage and processing of this by us in the manner set out in this statement.
Our insurer partners reserve the right to validate your details with appropriate legal authorities based on the information disclosed during the purchase of your policy.
Tempcover.com uses a Thawte Secure Server Certificate to ensure that all information submitted with your application, including credit or debit card details, is secure.