Get quote

Learner driver insurance for a month

Instant short term learner insurance

Get learner quote

Get covered in 3 simple steps

  • Compare prices
  • Customise your policy
  • Get covered instantly
learner icon

Looking to save time and money on temporary insurance? You've come to the right place!

Tempcover compares prices from a range of insurers to get you the best deal possible. Here's what you'll get when you use Tempcover

  • 1-30, 60 or 90 days cover available
    You only pay for the cover you want and only when you need it.
  • Extra practice as and when you need it
    Get experience behind the wheel before your test.
  • Protects the vehicle owners No Claims Discount
    The car owner’s insurance and NCD won’t be affected.
  • Comprehensive cover as standard
    Complete peace of mind that everyone is covered.
  • Quick and easy quote process
    Get a fast, flexible quote in under 2 minutes.

Learners can get flexible cover for up 3 months

Can I get insurance with a provisional license?

If you don’t have a full driving license, many insurers are unlikely to offer you cover but with temporary learner driver insurance from Tempcover, you can get monthly learner driver insurance quickly and easily.

Many insurance providers may allow you to be added to an existing policy, your parents or another family member for example, but this is more often than not an expensive and time-consuming option. With Tempcover however, provisional licence holders aged 17-25 get their own policy which is customisable and fits around their schedule.

For many learners, being able to practice in your time, at your own pace is crucial to get the experience and confidence you need to pass your test.

By having comprehensive learner insurance for a month, drivers can relax and focus on learning without having to worry about what happens if something goes wrong.

Why do I need learner drivers insurance?

Just because you don’t have a full driving license doesn’t mean you can get away with not having insurance.

In the eyes of the law, if you are on the road, regardless of whether you are a learner or not, you are going to be treated exactly the same, including when it comes to insurance.

If you’re driving a vehicle, whether it’s yours or someone else’s, you must be properly insured to do so.

This also includes drivers learning on ‘private land’. If you are learning to drive in an area the public has access too, through for example a footpath then you must have the same insurance as you would need to drive on the road.

Without the right 1 month learner insurance, not only do you risk having your car seized but you could face fines and see points added to your license. This can have a hugely negative impact on buying annual insurance after you’ve passed your test.

Having the right insurance is not only the law but it gives learners that little bit extra reassurance when practising on the road.

It’s also important to remember that you don’t need to have insurance if you are learning to drive with an approved instructor, in their vehicle. Insuring you and the vehicle is their responsibility.

Why choose monthly learner driver insurance?

For many learners, the flexibility of 1 month learner insurance means they can practice their driving when it suits them and the people they’re learning with.

As you only pay for the cover you actually want, you save time and money by not purchasing an annual policy.

As well as working around your schedule, a temporary policy can also give peace of mind to the parents and family members letting learners use their car to learn.

Because short-term insurance is a separate policy, it won’t have any effect on any existing No Claims Discount they have built up.

It also saves them the time and effort of adding you as a named driver on their own policy, which as you’re a learner driver can cause their premiums to rise significantly.

For quick and simple insurance so you can practice at your own speed, temporary insurance for provisional drivers is often the best choice. It’s comprehensive cover that means you can relax and focus on getting the practice you need.

When would monthly learner insurance work for me?

Before your driving test

You’ll often find that you have to wait weeks or even months for a driving test slot. You may feel ready for your test but if you have to go a month without driving, you might find yourself lacking practice when the big day comes.

Learner insurance for a month is a great way of getting the practice you need without having to fork out for unnecessary lessons or annual policy. Because it’s separate from any existing cover your friends or family may have on their vehicle, you don’t have to worry about adjusting their policy to cover you.

This can be an expensive process, especially if you only need insurance for a month or two.

With short term cover, you only pay for the cover you need. Policies are available from 13 months, so no matter how far away your test is, you can get the crucial practice you need before your test.

Home from university

If you’ve gone to university then you might think that your opportunity to learn to drive has passed but with a flexible short term policy, you can get cover to learn when you’re back at home.

Whether it’s a month over Christmas or during the summer holidays, monthly learner driver insurance lets you drive your own car or a friend or family member’s vehicle.

Because the cover is available instantly, no matter what your schedule you can get a quote and purchase a policy in minutes.

Whether you’re planning ahead or you’ve just decided to get some much-needed practice, the process is always simple and straightforward.

You can get a quote anytime online and unlike other insurance providers, there are no limits to when you can and can’t’ drive during the policy.

Find learner driver insurance that suits you

If you just want to squeeze those last few hours of practice before your test, you can get learner drivers insurance for just one day!

You can get a monthly learner driver insurance quote in minutes and you’re covered from the moment you want to be. compares prices from a range of insurers to get you the best deal possible

Get learner quote