Trust pilot 17130 reviews
Get a quote

Help Centre

EU Travel

Which EU countries can I drive in?

  • Andorra
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland

Was this FAQ helpful?
0 0

Can I travel to the EU for work?

This depends on the class of use you have selected. If you’re driving a car, you’ll be covered for Social, Domestic & Pleasure use including commuting to and from a place of work. If you’re driving a van, you can select ‘carriage of your own goods in connection with your business’. It’s worth checking the Policy Wording or Insurance Product Information Document (IPID) once your quote has been generated. You’ll find this at the bottom of the Insurers Declaration before you proceed to payment.

Was this FAQ helpful?
0 0

Can I leave the car in Europe?

Leaving the vehicle in Europe when the Policy expires would be classified as Exporting. As we do not provide the ability to Export vehicles, the insured vehicle must return to the UK before the temporary policy expires.

Was this FAQ helpful?
0 0

Am I covered for breakdown in the EU?

We do not currently offer breakdown cover, this includes breakdown outside of the UK in the EU.

Was this FAQ helpful?
0 0

Do I need a green card?

As we have agreed to a deal with the EU after Brexit, there is currently no requirement for a stand-alone green card and as such we do not provide them. However, your Certificate of Insurance that will be supplied at the time of purchase acts as a Green Card for EU Travel purposes, and so we recommend you keep this with you in the vehicle when you travel in and out of any EU Country.

Was this FAQ helpful?
0 0

What level of cover do I have in the EU?

All of our private car, van, and motorbike policies (excluding Impounded Vehicle Insurance) provide the minimum level or third party equivalent cover whilst driving in any EU Country. The vehicle must be UK registered, and start and end its Insured journey in the UK for the Insurance to remain valid. We do not offer a Fully Comprehensive EU cover option at this time.

Was this FAQ helpful?
0 0

Can I drive in the EU on a Tempcover policy?

All of our car, van, and motorbikes policies will cover you with the minimum level of cover (third party equivalent cover) required in any EU Country.

If you’re not sure what the minimum level of cover is where you’re going, you should be able to find that information online, perhaps with a native insurer to that country.

We currently don’t offer Fully Comprehensive cover in the EU at this time.

If you have any further questions about EU cover, don’t hesitate to get in touch via the Contact Us page.

Happy Holidays! 🌞

Was this FAQ helpful?
5 0
Back to Help Centre

The cover you need for the duration you want

Full cover,
no impact

Get fully comprehensive cover on our standard short term policies - plus it won't affect your no claims discount

Hourly, daily, weekly

Choose the duration you want with 1-12 hour and 1-28 day cover available - don't pay for cover you don't need

All customised, nothing added

Customise your policy to suit your specific situation - get the policy you want and even choose the minute you want your policy to begin

Get a quote