What is light haulage courier insurance?
Light haulage courier insurance provides cover for you to transport goods and haulage as part of your job or business. If you deliver goods as part of your job in a van or commercial vehicle that is no more than 3.5 tonnes, then light haulage courier insurance could be ideal for you.
It provides cover on a flexible basis to ensure you only pay for cover as and when you need it. From just 1 hour up to 28 days at a time, whether you’re borrowing a vehicle, insuring new starters to the business, or you just need a flexible insurance option, light haulage courier insurance from Tempcover could be the best option for you.
What does light haulage courier insurance cover?
With light haulage courier insurance from Tempcover, you get fully comprehensive cover as standard. This means that if you have an accident, any damage to you, your vehicle or any third parties is covered.
How does light haulage courier insurance from Tempcover work?
Finding light haulage courier insurance with Tempcover is so quick and easy – just follow these three simple steps.
- Enter a few basic details about the driver and the light haulage van or vehicle you want to insure.
- Receive your quote from our panel of insurers.
- Once you’re ready, simply pay for your policy and you’re covered.
Once you’ve bought your policy, all the documents you need are emailed to you straight away, so you can get on the road as soon as possible.
With short-term cover, there are no long-term contracts and you’re not tied into anything. Need cover again? Simply follow the same three simple steps again and get another policy.
Can I get light haulage courier insurance from Tempcover?
We work with a panel of insurers to ensure we can provide cover to a wide range of light haulage delivery drivers. While each insurer has its own acceptance criteria, you can expect to get light haulage courier insurance if you are:
- aged 21 to 69 years old
- a full UK or EU licence holder (minimum 1 year)
- a permanent UK resident
- a driver who has not been disqualified from driving for the last 2 years
- a driver who has no more than 6 licence points in the last 2 years
- a driver who has had no more than 1 fault claim in the last 3 years
- a driver who has no criminal convictions
- a driver who has not had a previous policy of insurance declared void by an insurer.
The van or commercial vehicle you want to insure must also be:
- valued between £1,500 and £35,000
- weigh no more than 3.5 tonnes
- used for social, domestic and pleasure purposes or for your business including the carriage of goods for hire and reward purposes
- taxed (unless you are using our policy to get the vehicle taxed immediately after purchase)
- not modified in any way except for the addition of manufacturer’s optional extras; signage, roof racks, ply lining or interior storage etc. and those designed to aid disabled drivers.
Why choose Tempcover
There are many reasons to choose Tempcover for your light haulage courier insurance, including:
- quick cover – get a quote online at any time in just 90 seconds
- true value – only pay for the time you need with our flexible policy durations
- wide range of cover – whether you’re working as a light haulage delivery driver or just need a temporary option for your insurance, we provide cover for a wide range of everyday needs
- protected no claims – as separate, standalone cover, your No Claims Discount won’t be affected
- excellent rated service – We have over 22,000 reviews on the customer review website TrustPilot with a current score of 4.7/5.